The Original Banana Nice Cream
The recipe that started our company! Allow us to introduce you to banana nice cream.
- The first thing you need are frozen bananas. Chop up bananas and freeze for at least 4 hours or until they are frozen. 1-2 bananas per person is a good rule of thumb, but have as many as your heart desires!
- Add chopped frozen bananas to a blender or food processor. The more high-powered the kitchen tool the better.
- Throw in a splash of your favorite non-dairy milk. We love creamy coconut milk, which we use in our (n)ice creams. Almond milk, soy milk, and oat milk are other great options. Make sure to only add a bit of milk so that your frozen bananas are blendable. Start small and add more liquid as you go- we don’t want soupy ice cream!
- Now you have the base of your banana ice cream! Here’s the fun part. Before (or after) blending, you can choose to add anything you would like. Here are some ideas:
- Medjool dates for some extra sweetness
- Vanilla extract or vanilla bean powder
- Cacao powder, chocolate chips, or chunks
- Cinnamon for some spice and warmth
- Cookies or cookie dough
- Peanut or almond butter for extra creaminess and a nutty flavor
- Other fruits can add another refreshing dimension to your ice cream- strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, mango, acai-- anything!
- Blend! Depending on how powerful your blender or food processor is, you may need some patience. If necessary, it can be useful to switch off your blender halfway through and stir around your contents with a spoon before continuing to blend.
- Scoop the banana ice cream out of the blender and enjoy! You can keep it simple or top it with sprinkles, whipped cream, chocolate sauce, caramel, or even a cherry. The sky is the limit!
Don't want to make your own? Buy our Banilla!
Tag us in your banana nice cream creation #mustlovebananas